Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

We've All Been There, Mr. Sharp-Shinned Hawk.

We have a neighbourhood sharp-shinned hawk.  (Not this one, I don't have a clear picture of ours)  He grabs other birds mid-air and eats everything off of them except for the feet.  I'm not sure why but it's kind of disturbing to come across random dismembered bird-feet on your lawn.
I was in our backyard a few months back hanging up laundry and looked up and he was perched on our back fence, just staring levelly at me, plainly trying to convey that he could rip my face off if he wanted to.  Message received, dude.
The Mister and I were on the phone while I was in Seattle and I was telling him something completely compelling ("I watched Real Housewives of Beverly Hills last night and ate an entire bag of sour cream and cheddar chips") when he busted out laughing.
"What?!?!  Quit being so judge-y.  They're really good."
"No, no - not that.  But that is gross.  Remember those fake ravens you put all over the front of the house?"

Who could forget?

"The hawk just grabbed one off of a planter, pinned it to the ground and ripped it's feet off, and now it's looking around like, Shit.  Let's hope no one saw this."

"Did you get a picture?  Go grab the camera!"
"I'm laughing too hard.  The thing is like, This is downright unfortunate"

 So now I am inadvertently traumatizing raptors.  My reign of terror continues.

2 comments:

  1. you go girl....terrorize away. We had one of these cutie (not so much) birds swoop onto the back porch. It hit the cage of our beloved conure so hard that it popped the lid off....needless to say our Boo Bird did not have a chance. Boo hoo for Boo.
    So have at it, just saying, Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I have about 10-16 Vultures in the trees behind my house at any given time. They are my "pets" as my family refers to them ; )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...