Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Stuff of Nightmares

I've had a recurring nightmare for as long as I can remember.  I'm in a school and go to use the bathroom, and as soon as I'm inside the bathroom becomes a never-ending maze of showers, stalls, and tile.  I start panicking and running, trying to get out, seeing nothing but fluorescent light and feeling alone and scared.  The next day if I have to use a big public restroom anywhere, I have a panic attack.
  A few weeks ago I started a new position (I work at a University) and switched to a building on campus.  The night before I started the nightmare started again - only this time, I was running down a tiled hallway at a school, then I ran down a carpeted staircase.  It led to an old, unused part of the school - dark and full of empty classrooms.  I know I was being chased and had to hide, but was afraid to go into any of the classrooms.  I woke up with my heart pounding.  
So I go to start my first day at work, head to the staircase, and open a door to this :




Hmmm, a closed-off staircase.  I went up the stairs and peeked down to see what I could see :



Now you can't tell because it was removed yesterday - but those stairs?  Yeah, until yesterday they had old beige carpeting on them.
Taking this picture set off a panic attack, but I wanted to show a better view:



So if anyone knows a dream meaning behind schools, bathrooms, stairs, and carpeting - I'd be happy to hear it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...